If whole game is on par with quality of this demo it would be a masterpiece. Will you release on Steam too, perchance?
The Dragon's Last Flight
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Dragon's Last Flight is a fantasy visual novel game set in a world where dragons have become scarce and once-noble slayers sell their honor for profit. Play as Marius, a silver-haired dragonslayer who is contracted by a mysterious woman to slay what may be the last living dragon.
- Lose yourself in a flight of fancy inspired by medieval myths and brought lovingly to life with original artwork by Odd Lazdo and a branching narrative written by Kim Berkley.
- Discover the truth about the stranger who hired you and the dragon you've been sent to hunt.
- Find your fairy tale ending. Happy or sad, your choices will determine your fate—and that of the dragon you seek. Will your path end in romance or tragedy? Only one way to find out...
The free demo version was created in just one month for NaNoRenO 2019. A full release is in the works and will hopefully be released later this year.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Devlog #1: Draft Complete!34 days ago
- The Dragon's Last Flight: NaNoRenO 2019 Postmortem89 days ago
- New Achievement Unlocked: FIRST LAUNCH!Apr 01, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you!! ♡ Probably not right away, but it is certainly something I would like to do. :)
i love the unique design of the dragon (reminds me of saphira, (from eragon)) as well as the witty dialogue of both characters which does wonders of allowing the player to immerse themselves in the story. good luck and i cant wait for the next
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it so far. We'll do our best not to disappoint. :)
Thanks for making this game, I really enjoyed the writing style and the art! :) I'm looking forward to continuation of the story.
I mentioned the game in my NaNoRenO 2019 tips, which you can check out if you're interested:
Thank you for your feedback and for the mention in your video! We really appreciate it. Hopefully the rest of the game will be worth the wait! :)
Thank you so much, Talamann! I really enjoyed watching your playthrough... although I think you may have missed that this is a demo only! ^^; (You may want to clarify that in your video title or description as well.) The full game is in development now; please be sure to keep an eye out for updates so you can play the rest of the story once it's out. :)
Thank's for the clarification, I edited the description and title on Part 1, and made it clear that this is a demo. Part 2 and the end of the demo for me is going up now on my channel.
Thank you so much for your update and your playthrough and all your kind words! It was very entertaining (and very helpful!). You are correct; I did all the writing and Odd Lazdo did all the art. :) Some things I wanted to note:
1. It seems like you had some trouble with the game going back and repeating dialogue or choices. It's hard to tell (I've been watching on my phone) but this may have been caused by clicking too far to the left side or, if you have a mouse scroll wheel, maybe accidentally scrolling backward? In any case, I will definitely make sure to keep an eye out for that when we test before releasing the full game.
2. That same issue is probably what misled you during that choice of how to convince the dragon not to kill you. All of those choices were possible, and none should have led you back to the list of options. I'm guessing it was simply a case of the game going back by mistake... but again, something I will watch out for when testing.
3. And yes, there WILL be multiple endings. Your choices will absolutely affect the outcome of Marius and Tashka's story. I'm in the process of drafting the rest of the game now! With any luck, it will be out a little later this year. :)
In the meantime, you may want to check out our other games, too! Odd Lazdo has a free demo of her game, Saucy Suitors, on itch, and my text-only interactive fiction game, The Harbinger's Head, was published by Hosted Games last year and is available on multiple platforms, including mobile, for just a few bucks. That one also has multiple endings. :)
Anywho, thank you again! I'm so glad you enjoyed our demo, and I hope the full game lives up to your expectations. :D
I will definitely put both Saucy Suitors and The Harbinger's Head on my next games to play list!
Of note for part 1, there seemed to be a gray area where it would backup when I moved the mouse too far to the right of the screen and it caused the text to back-pedal.
I look forward to seeing your content out in the game-field in the future!
If you do not mind, I will be doing a YouTube let's play of this game, if you have any issues with that please do not hesitate to let me know. This game looks like it will be a heartfelt tale which I am excited to see!
Thank you, that would be fantastic! Please share the link when it's live so we can watch it! :)
I love the story! This is one of the best visual novels ive played yet! Keep up the work and i will for sure continue to play! :)