I like this, and I think you will be able to make it into a great game. please keep working on it
The Dragon's Last Flight
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The Dragon's Last Flight is a fantasy visual novel game set in a world where dragons have become scarce and once-noble slayers sell their honor for profit. Play as Marius, a silver-haired dragonslayer who is contracted by a mysterious woman to slay what may be the last living dragon.
- Lose yourself in a flight of fancy inspired by medieval myths and brought lovingly to life with original artwork by Odd Lazdo and a branching narrative written by Kim Berkley.
- Discover the truth about the stranger who hired you and the dragon you've been sent to hunt.
- Find your fairy tale ending. Happy or sad, your choices will determine your fate—and that of the dragon you seek. Will your path end in romance or tragedy? Only one way to find out...
The free demo version was created in just one month for NaNoRenO 2019. A full release is in the works and will hopefully be released later this year.
|Updated||13 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Apr 01, 2019|
|Authors||Kim Berkley, Odd Lazdo|
|Tags||Dragons, Fairy Tale, Fantasy, Meaningful Choices, Medieval, Narrative, Romance|
|Average session||About an hour|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Devlog #7: Yes, We're Still Here13 days ago
- Quick Update Regarding Beta Reading/TestingJan 22, 2021
- Devlog #6: Expanding Horizons / HELP WANTED! :)Oct 26, 2020
- Devlog #5: Second Draft Complete!Apr 27, 2020
- Devlog #4: Development Anniversary UpdateMar 02, 2020
- Devlog #3: Editing Continues!Dec 10, 2019
- Devlog #2: Editing Begins!Sep 03, 2019
- Devlog #1: Draft Complete!Jun 13, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm glad you think so! Progress has been slow for awhile, but we ARE still working on TDLF, and I am still very much looking forward to releasing it sometime in the nearish future. Thank you for your support! :)
Played through the demo multiple times and am still enjoying it.
Eagerly awaiting the full game. :)
Please, take your time. Rushing seems to only lead to more mishaps. Keep well (both of you) ~Vei
Thank you so, so much for your kind feedback and support! I'm glad you're enjoying the demo so much. :) Progress is still being made but we are definitely not rushing anything, haha.
While you wait, if you haven't already, you can check out our other games if you like! Saucy Suitors is Odd Lazdo's lighthearted WIP about personified condiments, and The Harbinger's Head is another, darker fantasy game of mine that takes place in a mythical 19th century Ireland. :)
I LOVED the demo, It is atmospheric
Great written and Beautiful.
Hope's up for a new release (no haste)
Woo, updates and shit! Can't wait for it to go live
I did play from start to the end. Interesting, dialogues are natural and consistent. I feel story tension and intrigue. So yes I like the game. I will be interesting to play more for sure.
And graphic is very good also, I like "book illustrations" sketchy style.
52 min of game play.
Thank you so much for your feedback and for featuring our game on your channel! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and we are both happy to hear that you liked both the writing and the art. I just wish I could speak Russian so that I could follow along better with your video! It was really cool to listen to you translate anyway; I love how Tashka's name sounds in Russian. XD
The full release is still in progress, so keep an eye out for that--hopefully it will be out later this year. I hope you find the rest of the game as much fun as the demo. :)
I love this i cant wait to see it in all of its glory.
i like the game, would like to know though, if it still in progress
Absolutely! It's taking longer than I initially projected to complete, but I am still hopeful that we will be able to release it later this year. I plan to post an update about it soon. Thanks for asking! :)
If whole game is on par with quality of this demo it would be a masterpiece. Will you release on Steam too, perchance?
Thank you!! ♡ Probably not right away, but it is certainly something I would like to do. :)
i love the unique design of the dragon (reminds me of saphira, (from eragon)) as well as the witty dialogue of both characters which does wonders of allowing the player to immerse themselves in the story. good luck and i cant wait for the next
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you've enjoyed it so far. We'll do our best not to disappoint. :)
Thanks for making this game, I really enjoyed the writing style and the art! :) I'm looking forward to continuation of the story.
I mentioned the game in my NaNoRenO 2019 tips, which you can check out if you're interested:
Thank you for your feedback and for the mention in your video! We really appreciate it. Hopefully the rest of the game will be worth the wait! :)
Thank you so much, Talamann! I really enjoyed watching your playthrough... although I think you may have missed that this is a demo only! ^^; (You may want to clarify that in your video title or description as well.) The full game is in development now; please be sure to keep an eye out for updates so you can play the rest of the story once it's out. :)
Thank's for the clarification, I edited the description and title on Part 1, and made it clear that this is a demo. Part 2 and the end of the demo for me is going up now on my channel.
Thank you so much for your update and your playthrough and all your kind words! It was very entertaining (and very helpful!). You are correct; I did all the writing and Odd Lazdo did all the art. :) Some things I wanted to note:
1. It seems like you had some trouble with the game going back and repeating dialogue or choices. It's hard to tell (I've been watching on my phone) but this may have been caused by clicking too far to the left side or, if you have a mouse scroll wheel, maybe accidentally scrolling backward? In any case, I will definitely make sure to keep an eye out for that when we test before releasing the full game.
2. That same issue is probably what misled you during that choice of how to convince the dragon not to kill you. All of those choices were possible, and none should have led you back to the list of options. I'm guessing it was simply a case of the game going back by mistake... but again, something I will watch out for when testing.
3. And yes, there WILL be multiple endings. Your choices will absolutely affect the outcome of Marius and Tashka's story. I'm in the process of drafting the rest of the game now! With any luck, it will be out a little later this year. :)
In the meantime, you may want to check out our other games, too! Odd Lazdo has a free demo of her game, Saucy Suitors, on itch, and my text-only interactive fiction game, The Harbinger's Head, was published by Hosted Games last year and is available on multiple platforms, including mobile, for just a few bucks. That one also has multiple endings. :)
Anywho, thank you again! I'm so glad you enjoyed our demo, and I hope the full game lives up to your expectations. :D
I will definitely put both Saucy Suitors and The Harbinger's Head on my next games to play list!
Of note for part 1, there seemed to be a gray area where it would backup when I moved the mouse too far to the right of the screen and it caused the text to back-pedal.
I look forward to seeing your content out in the game-field in the future!
If you do not mind, I will be doing a YouTube let's play of this game, if you have any issues with that please do not hesitate to let me know. This game looks like it will be a heartfelt tale which I am excited to see!
Thank you, that would be fantastic! Please share the link when it's live so we can watch it! :)
I love the story! This is one of the best visual novels ive played yet! Keep up the work and i will for sure continue to play! :)